Monday, July 15, 2013

Move the Heart, Switch the Pace

After that episode, I will never look at garlic sauce the same...

This was an uncharacteristic boring episode.  Though there was high drama, Deb going even more off the deep end, and even a surprising twist at the end.  I usually reserve those boring transitional episodes to be the next to last episode each season.  Yet, here it was.  We see for the highlights next week that shit will get real with Dr. Vogel and Deb.

Which reminds me -- up till the point Vogel spoke to Quinn, and he acknowledged her, I thought FOR SURE Vogel was like Dexter's subconscious.  It's weird, I mentioned last week that he thought a serial killer would never have an accomplice, yet he has Vogel's complicity in what he does.

But I still think there is something there with Vogel being in his head a little too much. When she was asking him those questions about Deb, planting seeds that she may be a threat to his little perfect world of dark defending, Dexter HAD to have thought of those very same issues, right?

I cannot be the only person who got creeped out when Dexter talked about his love for Debra.  Remember why this shit went down in the first place.  It was her walking in on the Doomsday kill, realizing who Dexter really was...but because she realized that she had stronger-than-sisterly feelings for him...which to this day, I do not entirely buy.

I'll relate to another show I watch and quote entirely too much: Sex and the City.  When the girls go to a fireman calendar contest, the girls talk about how firefighters are so hot, and Charlotte blurts out, "Women just want to be rescued."  Which is totally antithetical to that post-modern feminism we are so used to.  I'm getting sidetracked.  Anyway, Deb was looking for someone to save her.  She never wanted to be the Lieutenant; she just wanted to be a good cop.  She's a regular girl who just wanted to find love.  When Rudy aka Brian aka Bynee tried to kill her, who saved her?

Dexter was the one she could always rely on.  Her father never gave her the acknowledgement she craved; in a way, Dexter did that for her.

Gosh, Daddy issues.  I am becoming way too predictable.

It's hard to see where the PI part of her life fits in this season.  Like I said, this episode seemed to be one of those famous Dexters that do a lot of prepping for the next show.

I'm still confused as to how Dexter seeking out Vogel's patients fit in this week.  It's like...he's his own Keyser Soze.  If Vogel is helping serial killers channel their energy into very specific kills...hmmm.  I may have touched on something here.

Is she trying to get rid of those who can identify her?  Is **she** Keyser Soze?
n
n
never
never

No comments: